Warning: The originals photos, texts, films, music, etc ... of the period previous to 1921 year -see the Act of the US Congress about it - have no copyright and belong to the public domain. However, those same pictures, I process this blog, when I restore and paint the pictures, then the right of modification is produced, ie that are protected by full copyright law, in this case mine. Of course there are many more laws in the world, declared in the public domain photographs (which is the topic at hand), in very later dates to the aforementioned (Example: WWII, Korea, etc ...) .

Thursday, November 24, 2022

Two British RNAS Talbot Type-2 Armoured Cars, next to the Town Hall of Ghent, Belgium, Early October 1914.



Two British R.N.A.S. Talbot Type-2 Armoured Cars, next to the Town Hall of Ghent, 
Belgium, Early October 1914. The city was taken by the Germans on October 12, 1914.

Note

Here I must thank my friend Albert Rokosz, one of the leading experts on Belgian armored cars of the First World War, for warning me that this and another previously published photograph were not taken in Antwerp (as I had published), but in the city of Ghent. The bug has been fixed. I take this opportunity to remind you of the publication of his book:

Samochody pancerne I wojny światowej
(Armored Cars of the First World War),
  written together with his Polish colleague Witold J. Ławrynowicz.

Here is a link to his book, a good self-gift for the new year:


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Dos Coches Blindados británicos Talbot Tipo-2, pertenecientes a la R.N.A.S., 
junto al Ayuntamiento de Gante, Bélgica, principios de octubre de 1914.
La ciudad fue tomada por los alemanes el día 12 de octubre de 1914.

Nota

Aquí debo dar las gracias a mi amigo Albert Rokosz, uno de los mayores expertos en los coches blindados belgas de la Primera Guerra Mundial, por advertirme que ésta y otra fotografía publicada anteriormente, no habían sido tomadas en Amberes (como yo había publicado), sino en la ciudad de Gante. El error ha sido corregido. Aprovecho esta oportunidad para recordaros la publicación de su libro:

Samochody pancerne I wojny światowej 
(Coches blindados de la Primera Guerra Mundial),
 escrito junto a su colega polaco Witold J. Ławrynowicz.

Aquí os dejo un link a su libro, un buen auto-regalo para el nuevo año:

7 comments:

  1. Hello Jose, this is not Antwerp Cathedral, it's Town Hall in Ghent (Gand/Gent). Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jose, this is not Antwerp Cathedral, it's Town Hall in Ghent (Gand/Gent). Greetings!

    Hello Albert, thanks for your warning. I also have another 2 emails from you pending. The one concerning the German K-Flak, I wrote it some time ago but I couldn't finish it. Forgives. I'll find it and post it. I have spent several hours looking for photos of the exterior basement of the Cathedrals of Amsterdam and Ghent and I have not found any with which to compare the photos published here and others that I also have.
    The point is that I have a photo from a magazine, I think American (since it uses the term 'armor' instead of British 'armour'), in which the caption says: "The Britishers salute Antwerp Burgomaster". This photo and the comment coincide with the other photos in which the 'Talbots' and the Cathedral itself appear. It is true that I have not found more references on this issue. Although I know that you are one of the greatest experts on the 'Belgian question', would you have a photograph on this question? I will appreciate if you send it to me. Cordially, Jose Luis.

    ------------------Spanish-----------

    Hola Albert, gracias por tu advertencia. Tengo pendiente también que contestarte otros 2 correos tuyos. El concerniente a los K-Flak alemanes, lo escribí hace algún tiempo pero no pude acabarlo. Perdona. Lo buscaré y lo publicaré. He estado varias horas buscando fotos de los bajos exteriores de las Catedrales de Amsterdam y Gante y no he encontrado ninguna con la que poder comparar las fotos aquí publicadas y otras que también tengo.
    La cuestión es que tengo una foto de una revista, creo que americana (ya que usa el término armor en lugar del armour británico), en la que en el pié de la foto dice: "The Britishers salute Antwerp Burgomaster". Esta foto y el comentario coincide con las otras fotos en las que aparecen los 'Talbot' y la misma Catedral. Cierto es que no he encontrado más referecias sobre esta cuestión. Aunque se que eres uno de los mayores expertos sobre la 'cuestión belga', ¿tendrías una fotografía sobe esta cuestión?. Te agradeceré que me la envíes. Cordialmente, José Luis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jose, look at this photo: https://www.delcampe.net/en_GB/collectables/postcards/belgium/gent/gent-stadhuis-1640407034.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Albert, I have already corrected the error of Antwerp by Ghent. Thank you very much for your notice. I have published in the post a note about you and your book. Merry Christmas and a prosperous year 2023.

    Cordially,

    José

    --------------------Spanish---------------


    Hola Albert, ya he corregido el error de Amberes por Gante. Muchas gracias por tu aviso. He publicado en el post una nota sobre ti y tu libro. Feliz Navidad y Prospero año 2023.

    Cordialmente,

    Jose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jose,

    I’m happy I could help.
    Thank you very much for informing your readers about my book!
    Soon I will send you an e-mail with one or two photos of Talbots in Ghent, I think I’ve seen somewhere (in a newspaper) a photo you mentioned above with Talbot crew saluting the mayor, but with correct caption that he was the mayor of Ghent.

    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    Albert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Albert, it was the least I had to do for you and for the readers. I agree with you (I have the photo of the mayor of "Antwerp" Emile Braun, and possibly I will publish it today or these days. If you have another link, apart from the editor, send it to me with the photos and I will put it too.
      Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
      Cordially,
      José

      ----------------Spanish-----

      Hola Albert, era lo mínimo que debía hacer por ti y por los lectores. Estoy de acuerdo contigo (tengo la foto del alcalde de "Amberes" Emile Braun, y posiblemente la publique hoy o estos días. Si tienes otro enlace, aparte del editor, enviamelo con las fotos y lo pondré también.
      ¡Feliz Navidad y un Feliz Año Nuevo!
      Cordialmente,
      Jose

      Delete
  6. Hi Jose,

    I’ve seen this photo of Ghent mayor, I couldn’t find it now, but I just saw you published it :)

    Tetragon publishing house promised me and Witold that our book on WW1 armoured cars will be published in English some day, but I’m afraid we’ll need to wait a few years. On the other hand, we will surely update and expand it :)

    I will send you two photos connected with Talbot and Ghent subject, but nothing sensational and you probably already know them.

    Once again, Merry Christmas and I wish you all the best in the New Year :)
    Albert

    ReplyDelete